Monday, January 14, 2013

Top 10 of 2012

Looking back at an amazing 2012 and looking forward to an even better 2013, here is my top 10 list for 2012:

1. Saying "YES!" to the most amazing man ever!  I can't wait for July 6, 2013 and all the new things it will bring (Including a new lat name!) :) 





2. Fireworks will never be the same after you ring in the New Year at Disney's Magic Kingdom. Imagine: Standing on the historic Disney Main Street, where moments ago the Electrical Street Parade finished, and boom fireworks blast 360 degrees around you. Cinderella's Castle serves as the picturesque background, changing colors with every blast. It was a pretty packed house, and if you ever plan on heading to see the magic, get there early. We arrived at the park at 10am, and were the last bus of people let into the park. That's right, 100,000 people were in the park by 10am. If you don't mind the crowds and spending all day in lines, its definitely worth it. Ringing in 2013 was not nearly as exciting, though we did meet some awesome people at a house party with Clay's co-worker. 




3. I was so fortunate to see THE Darius Rucker twice! The first concert, he was the opening act for Lady A. Not a lot of time on stage, but so worth it. Especially since I saw him with my hunny bunny. The second time, he headlined the concert in Fredericksburg. Despite the brief downpour and outdoor concert in July, he was amazing :)



4. Anyone who truly knows me, knows I love Harry Potter. So of course visiting Harry Potter World would be at the top of the list when I visited Orlando! Butterbeer, Three Broomsticks, Hogwarts, and so much more to explore. I can't wait to live in Orlando year round :) You'll know where to find me!




5. 2012 was definitely a colorful year! I participated in 3 color-themed runs. 2 Color Me Rads and 1 Color Run. If you're looking to run through a muck of color, I much preferred the Color Me Rad runs. As evidence below, you cross the finish line much brighter at this race than The Color Run. 

Color Me Rad VA Beach

Color Me Rad Richmond

The Color Run Richmond

6. Visiting Charleston, SC (again!) My mom and I headed south for a wedding and get-a-way weekend. I'm so thankful to have witnessed the marriage of Jared & Erin. Such an awesome couple. While in town, we had visit some of our favorite places, including the American Tea Plantation and Firefly Distillery :)











7. Final MBC Apple Day! Not that I'll ever stop celebrating this awesome holiday, but this was my final one on campus. Great job to the sophomore class for planning this year's!



That's Gladys the Superhero Squirrel :)

8. This summer I was promoted to Assistant Director of Admissions for VWIL and Athletic Recruitment. I've spent the year revising the position and working to get VWIL and MBC known across the country. I'll be sad to leave, but I'm definitely ready for my next chapter to begin in July :)


9. Clay bought a townhouse! Its perfect for the two of us to start our life together. He moved in in November and has loved living there. While in town over the holidays, I started doing some projects to "Gretchenize" it. Much more will come once I'm down there permanently!





10. I discovered the joys of Wedding Planning! In July, I became a certified wedding planner through the Bridal Society. Now I'm applying all that knowledge to my own wedding. Can't share too many pictures yet, but here's our website if you want to learn all about us and check out some details on the wedding :)

clayandgretchen.ourwedding.com/




Well 2012 was a pretty awesome year, though I have a feeling 2013 will be even better :)


Much love to all, 

G

No comments:

Post a Comment