Monday, July 23, 2012

Virginia Bucket List


With less than a year left in Virginia, I've decided to make a bucket list of the things I want to do before heading south. Most are just going back to places and reliving experiences, but a few will be brand new experiences. Let me know if you'd like to join in my adventures!

1. Visit Monticello
2. Go to the Cherry Blossom festival in DC
3. Visit DC at Christmas time, including a stop at the White House Christmas Tree
4. Go to all the Smithsonian Museums
5. Visit Montpelier
6. Explore Colonial Williamsburg, including the Governor's Palace
7. Go to Busch Gardens
8. Visit Natural Bridge
9. Take a Ghost Tour of Staunton
10. Go hiking
11. Drive Skyline Drive during Fall Foliage
12. Visit Arlington National Cemetery
13. Visit Appomattox Courthouse, site of Civil War Surrender
14. Wine and dine some new wineries
15. See Crabtree Falls in Nelson County
16. Explore Luray Caverns
17. Drive to the tip of Virginia where Tennessee and Kentucky meet
18. Eat Joe Froggers at the Rising Sun Tavern
19. Visit the George Washington sites- Stratford Hall, Ferry Farm, and Mount Vernon
20. Tour the Union Cemetery on Memorial Day weekend

More things to come soon. Let me know, I'd greatly appreciate company on all my outings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment